Sunday, August 9, 2009

And This is Just The Begining...


Austin got out of the bathtub just now and gave me a big hug, all wrapped up like a hot dog in his blue towel. "Kisses, mommy!" he says, and plants a few on me... ahhhh... heart melting....


I was kneeling on the floor of the bathroom, cleaning up bath toys and towels. Austin takes a step back and "Holy SH*#! Aus, put that thing away!" And now, I am left wondering (neither of the thoughts particularly more likely or appealing than the other) , was it just because he's a boy and that just happens to them randomly forever?? Or, did it have something to do with the big hugs and kisses he had just showered me with...? I'm hoping for the former and not the latter, but there may by a therapist psychoanalyzing his Oedipus complex in 15 years....I'm just sayin'....


Either way, big brother Sam seemed to think it was the funniest thing in the world and on that note, I left the maturity rites-of-passage to be hammered out amongst the brothers while I poured myself a glass of wine. Geez...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yeah!!!! You're blogging again!! It's our one year anniversary (isn't it?) of finding each other again, too!